Thumbs Down for Gala Bingo, Chorley 0

Posted on 18, January 2015

in Category Bingo Halls, Bingo News


A visit to the Market Street Gala Bingo hall in Chorley didn’t end very well for one staff member at the club, in fact it would be fair to say she was giving the club the ‘thumbs down’, literally! Fire crews were called to attend the halls on Monday 12th January after a bingo hall worker managed to get her thumb stuck in an automated coin machine.

The 24 year old was trying to remove a blockage from the conveyor system that is connected to the cashier podium when her thumb got stuck. Luckily the young lady was back at work the following day following medical treatment at the club by the ambulance service at the time of the incident.

Needless to say her thumb is badly bruised and it was reported that she was in quite a lot of pain as the fire service dismantled the machine in order to free her.

The acting watch manager at Chorley fire station, Neil Mitchell, said of the incident ‘It looks like she was doing her job and something has gone wrong. The ambulance service gave her medical treatment, she was in quite a lot of pain, while the fire service disassembled the machine.’

In May 2013 is was suggested that the Gala Bingo hall in Market Street were to be demolished following plans for a major new development in Chorley Town Centre. Clearly this has yet to come to fruition….[read the original story here]

Visit: Gala Bingo online

0 Comments

Leave a Message

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment

Name*

Website